The Play for Change Awards are open to all toy makers with products available within Europe or with initiatives running within Europe.
The Awards are open for submissions of entries between 23 March and 22 May.
Between 23 March and 22 May, you can enter the Play For Change Awards using an easy-to-complete entry form that requires the following information:
- Company name
- Title of Project/Product
- Contact details
- Countries included
- Number of employees
- Objective & Aims
- Results - Effectiveness & Impact
- Improvement over existing product (if applicable)
Entries must be accompanied by:
- A declaration that the product or initiative was launched on the European market between January 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019
- A declaration that the award entrant is the IP rights holder of the entry
Entrants are encouraged to include supporting material(s) in digital format only, for example:
- Website links (not as a replacement for details)
- PDF of printed materials
Physical Materials or Samples
Once the entry form has been sent through to us, a physical sample should be sent to the TIE Secretariat, along with a hard copy of the entry form. In line with TIE’s priorities, all entries that are toys will be checked for conformity with the EU toy safety requirements and only afterwards shared with the jury. The cost for sending toys to the TIE Secretariat will be covered by the entrants and will not be returned unless entrants cover the cost of returning. Non-prizewinning toys will be donated to NASCI a local charity that helps out disadvantaged pregnant women, single mothers or families who are experiencing temporary or structural difficulties.
Play for Change Entry Fees
The Play for Change Awards are organised by the Toy Industries of Europe (TIE), the international not-for-profit association of national toy maker organisations and corporate toy manufacturers. The awards scheme is non-profit making, with the nominal entry fees used to cover the costs the scheme. Any surplus funds will be donated to NASCI.
|TIE members per entry||Non-TIE members per entry|
There are lots of national and international awards for toys. The Play for Change Awards carries the prestige, authority and backing of the Toy Industries of Europe (TIE) and are not based on sales, press coverage or profitability. They are judged on ideas, initiatives and products that contribute to society in three categories covering sustainability, education and inclusion. By entering you can:
- Get your products and initiatives endorsed by experts in the different fields.
- Present your company’s leadership in community, sustainability and diversity issues to buyers and consumers.
- Get media coverage and general recognition as TIE will promote the competition and the winners to media in the toy sector as well as to European policy makers.
- TIE will also use social media to promote all news around the awards and its winners.
Who Should Enter
- We encourage toy makers of all sizes and in all product categories to enter the Play for Change Awards with product or initiatives that were launched on the European market between January 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019.
- Toy makers who are not members of TIE or its national associations are welcome to enter. Membership status is not taken into account by the judges.
- Small and micro-companies are also encouraged to enter.
- Companies should hold the IP rights of the entries they submit.
Each category will have three winners who will receive:
- A Play for Change winners logo for use on packaging, on promotional material, letterhead, email signatures etc.
- A Play For Change trophy to get pride of place at company headquarters or trade shows.
- Promotion on the Play For Change and TIE websites and social media channels and to toy industry press etc.