We welcome entries from small local projects through to global initiatives. All entries will be judged on their own merits.
The Play for Change Awards has three entry categories:
HELPING CHILDREN THRIVE
We believe that experiencing diversity, inclusion and equality will help children thrive.
The empowerment award recognises activities and toys that break boundaries based on outdated ‘norms’ of social status, ability, sex, race or religion.
We encourage entries that focus on one or more of the following:
- Promoting ‘differences’
- Helping children with disabilities, impairments
- Promoting equality and inclusion for all
- Smashing gender stereotypes
Our industry should contribute to the sustainability goals of the UN and of the EU.
The sustainability award is for initiatives and/or toys that educate about sustainability or deploy sustainable practices.
We encourage entries that demonstrate one or more of the following:
- Use of recycled materials or components
- Sustainable materials
- Recycling initiatives
- Responsible consumption
- Sustainable production methods
- Sustainability education
LEARNING THROUGH PLAY
Never before have children lived in such a fast-changing world and we need to ensure they are well-equipped and adaptable to meet the demands of the 21st Century.
The future skills award will recognise an initiative or product that prepares children for tomorrow’s world.
We encourage entries that aim to improve one or more of the following:
- Literacy and ICT literacy
- Children’s analytical reasoning, problem solving, adaptability and initiative
- Communications and collaboration skills
The Play for Change Awards are open to all toy makers with products available within Europe or with initiatives running within Europe. Any entries must have been launched on the European market between January 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019.
Entries open on Monday 23 March 2020.
The closing date for entries to the Play for Change Awards is Friday 8 May 2020.
Judging takes place from early June 2020.
|TIE members per entry||Non-TIE members per entry|
The winners of the Play for Change Awards will be announced at the end of September 2020.
Yes. All entries will be treated equally and will be judged on: aims; creativity of solution; effectiveness; impact or improvement over existing product; implementation; originality; production values.
Each category will have three winners who will receive:
- A Play for Change winners logo for use on packaging, on promotional material, letterhead, email signatures etc.
- A Play For Change trophy to get pride of place at company headquarters or trade shows.
- Promotion on the Play For Change and TIE websites and social media channels and to toy industry press etc.
No. The Play for Change Awards are open to toy makers only.
Yes, the Play for Change Awards are open to all toy makers.
The Play for Change Awards will be presented at the end of September 2020 in Brussels.
The Play for Change Awards entry form should be submitted in English.
Yes. We encourage entries from smaller companies.